Download, Read, Understand and Follow All DeSoto Gun Club Rules.
In consideration of being permitted entry to and/or use of "Premises" of Desoto Gun Club Inc. (Club)
for the purpose including, but not limited to, the use of firearms and or other weapons (including, but
not limited to crossbows and longbows) by the undersigned member and guest with full knowledge that
firearms and/or other weapons are used and discharged on Club Premises,
(Guest, minor or adult, print)___________________________________________(Date)_____/_____/______
(Member, print)____________________________________________________(Member #)_________ (Date)____/____/_____
Individually and together the Undersigned" agree to the following:
Undersigned agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Club from any and all negligence, liabilities,
costs, expenses, claims, damages, and/or lawsuits including all attorney / legal fees arising out of,
related to, or in any way connected with, any and all actual or alleged acts or omissions of Undersigned
in the course of Undersigned's presence on and/or use of Club's range, buildings, facilities, and land
(together comprising "Premises") including, but not limited to, Undersigned's use of firearms and/or
Undersigned further waive for themselves and for their heirs, next of kin, assignees, personal
representatives, administrators, and executors any and all rights and claims for damages, loss, costs,
demands, and any other actions or claims whatsoever, which they may have or which may arise against
Club (including, but not limited to, damage to Undersigned's property and/or any and all illnesses,
injuries, including mental or emotional distress or anguish, and other damages, including death, suffered
by Undersigned) which may in any way whatsoever arising out of, be related to, or be connected with
the use of firearms and/or other weapons on Club Premises by Undersigned and/or another.
Club shall not be liable for, and Undersigned, on behalf of themselves and on behalf of their heirs, next
of kin, assignees, personal representatives, administrators, and executors, expressly release Club and
Club's members, employees, and/or agents from any and all such claims and liabilities including, but not
limited to, claims of actual or alleged negligence on the part of Club, its members, employees, board of
directors and/or agents.
Undersigned acknowledges and agrees that the use of firearms and/or other weapons is an inherently
dangerous activity. Undersigned expressly assumes the risk of being on Club Premises where firearms
and/or other weapons are used. Undersigned further expressly assumes the risks inherent with
discharging firearms and or use of any weapons by range members and guests and the dangers
associated with the firing of live ammunition.
Undersigned expressly agree that this agreement by them, individually and together, is intended to be
as broad and inclusive as permitted by law and that if any provision of this agreement is held invalid or
otherwise unenforceable, the enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be impaired No
remedy conferred by any of the specific provisions of this agreement is intended to be exclusive of any
other remedy, and each and every remedy shall be cumulative and shall be in addition to every other
remedy now or hereafter existing law or in equity or by statute or otherwise. The election of any one or
more remedy hereunder by Club shall not constitute any waiver of Club's right to pursue other available
remedies. This agreement binds Undersigned and their heirs, next of kin, assignees, personal
representatives, administrators, and executors.
Undersigned acknowledges and agrees that Undersigned have read this agreement and they
understand its terms and are executing this agreement voluntarily. Undersigned also acknowledges and
agrees that they have read, understand, and will at all times abide by all range rules and procedures and
any other rules and procedures stated by Club.
UNDERSIGNED: Date: _____/________/_________
Signature (Guest, minor or adult) ______________________________________________________
Print name (Guest, minor or adult) _____________________________________________________
Signature (Parent and/or Legal Guardian if applicable) ______________________________________
Print name (Parent and/or Legal Guardian if applicable) _____________________________________
Signature DGC member _______________________________________________________________
Print name DGC member______________________________________________________________
DGC member # ______________________
PLEASE PROPERLY COMPLETE AND PLACE COMPLETED FORM IN SPECIFIED BOX. FAILURE TO DO SO
WILL RESULT IN A WRITTEN SAFETY VIOLATION!
AAFTA Safety Rules
Reprinted from the 2010A AAFTA Clubs and Shooters Handbook
These Additional Safety Rules will be strictly enforced. Anyone abusing these rules may be expelled from the shooting range and match participation.
1. All Airguns shall be kept unloaded and, if possible, with an Empty Chamber Indicator (ECI) until on the firing line, with the muzzle pointed downrange. An ECI may be as simple as a length of weed-whacker line inserted into the breech.
2. Airgun muzzles will be pointed away from all persons when possible.
3. When on the firing line, safe airgun procedures will be observed including:
1. No Airgun will be cocked or loaded until a shot is ready to be fired downrange.
2. When an Airgun is cocked or loaded on the firing line, the SAFETY will not be released until the muzzle is pointed at the target and the shooter is ready to FIRE.
3. When cocking piston airguns, the Shooter must hold the cocking lever or barrel while inserting a pellet to prevent the accidental discharge of the gun and prevent injury to one’s self or other shooters.
4. Safe spacing of shooters on the firing line is both judicious and courteous.
5. Each shooter is responsible for his or her direction of fire, and safety toward other shooters.
6. When the Range Safety Officer or Marshal declares the line "COLD", all Shooters will unload (firing pellets into the ground is an acceptable method as long as care is taken to make sure that the direction and surface of impact are safe), break the breech, open the loading port or bolt, or unlatch the cocking lever, and insert the ECI to signify a safe "COLD" line.
7. The Range Safety Officer should be notified when a shooter wishes to go downrange for any reason. The Range Safety Officer will, at his discretion, call for a "COLD" line. At that time, range maintenance may be performed. On the field target course, the appointed Marshals will act as deputies of the Range Safety Officer (Chief Marshal).
8. The Range Safety Officer or Marshal will have the final decision on matters of "Safety on the Range".
4. Safety must be encouraged and enforced. Therefore, it is important that all shooters strive to practice safe airgun handling. It is also important, that shooters remind anyone of unsafe airgun handling and, if necessary, report unsafe practices to the Range Safety Officer or Marshal.
5. NO children shall be allowed on the firing line. Junior Shooters MUST be cleared by the Range Safety Officer by being instructed on RANGE SAFETY.
No alcohol will be allowed on the Club Property..